Author Topic: Special thanks to Salty Lures  (Read 4660 times)

Offline Out Fishing

Special thanks to Salty Lures
« on: January 24, 2013, 06:49:09 PM »
I want to thank Scott for really helping me out with my thesis research this winter at my University. Without getting into too much detail, I had to create dummy internal acoustic tags in varying weights for brook trout. I was expecting all the brook trout between 25-50 grams. I was notified a few days before the start of the project that the fish were between 100-150 grams—which was a serious problem and put me in a tough spot. After frantically brainstorming and searching I came across the site and found that the tail weights would fit perfectly into my dummy tag molds and weigh approximately what I needed. Emailed Scott and less than 24 hours later I drove up to Mass and Scott hooked me up with a ton of tail and belly weights---and refused to take my money!!!

Scott—thanks again for helping make this project successful. 

Here are a few pics of the colorful brook trout. The males display some incredible orange and red coloration when they take on that funny football shape

Mike

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: Special thanks to Salty Lures
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 07:29:09 PM »
WOW Mike awesome pics very tnx for posting that. I think that's some of the prettiest brookies you could see! Way cool!
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 08:18:03 PM »
NICE... and good on both of you!

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 11:59:55 AM »
It's been a while since I've been on here but I wanted to update this thread since this study is now fully published in the Journal of Animal Biotelemetry. Scott, check out the acknowledgment section at the end!!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 06:44:14 PM »
lol not necessary but tnx. Cool and glad you got something out of it! Nice brookies  :bhappy:
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts