Author Topic: assembly  (Read 4130 times)

nomad007

assembly
« on: April 10, 2015, 07:05:05 PM »
I'm i bit confused on the step by step process.
first epoxy belly weights
then drill through belly weights I'm not understanding this part does this mean when the weight goes in i will push it all the way down and block the through wire hole thus the need to drill through the weight from the nose or tail?
and then if i seal the plug before adding through wire and hardware won't the holes get plugged up a bit? If so how to deal with that?
i also bought some of the rattles are they supposed to replace the weights they obviously don't fit in the same hole so how do you guys use them?
thanks for all the help guys

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: assembly
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 08:17:50 PM »
Epoxy weight in hole. Yes it blocks the through hole. Let dry. Using battery drill and 1/8 or smaller drill you redrill the weight. The only weights that come predrilled are in the Cowboy and sandeel swimmer kits and it's because of thickness.

Sealing doesn't plug up any holes. At least it shouldn't. There shouldn't be that much sealer in a lure left over it will next dry in that thickness.

Rattles get mortised into the belly of the lure, either by hand or with something such as a dremel tool. Epoxy it in so it's roughly flush to the diameter of the lure, then fill with wood filler or bondo to make it invisible (if you don't want to just paint over it)
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

nomad007

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 09:04:30 PM »
Thanks Salty for the quick response as for the rattel do you suggest it be placed in front or behind your pre drilled holes and I'm assuming you mean that the rattel sould be parallel with the lure Not just drilling a hole and placing it in there like the weight also I'm assuming that it sould be as centered as possible  but what depth do you recommend?
Thanks for your help

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 08:39:59 AM »
Should be right near the surface with minimal covering.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts