Author Topic: Striper meeting in Mass article  (Read 3768 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

Re: Striper meeting in Mass article
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 10:33:10 PM »
If Ms. Peake thinks commercial fishermen "care about conservation efforts," she ought to get her head out of her ass and spend some time around these clowns. When I was a commercial quahogger, I knew every commercial guy in the area, and there wasn't one of them who wouldn't take everything he could get if he thought he could get away with it.  They used to brag about it. And now we're supposed to believe that  commercial fishermen have finally seen the light and become dedicated conservationists? Uh huh. The commercial crowd has annihilated every species they've targeted, and you can take that straight to the fucking bank. Seals my ass. The only reason there are so many seals around now is because commercial fishing has wiped out their food supply elsewhere.
"Why can't everybody leave everyone else the hell alone?"

Jimmy Durante

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 05:07:01 AM »
HA I woke Peter Jay up.

Handy he isn't in prison :)
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 09:07:21 AM »
Nah - the bastards were never slick enough to nail me for anything I actually did. The one time they managed to get their paws on me, it was for something a friend of mine did, and I beat it in court anyway. If I couldn't outsmart the average cop, I'd shoot myself and be done with it. I've been down south - no internet and no phone at the house yet. Cell phones don't even work there. I've gotta get a VHF radio for the house so my wife can get ahold of me if need be. There's an antenna in back of the house that must be 20 feet tall - I don't know what it's for, but I'd assume that a previous owner used it to keep in touch with a boat. Everybody down there has at least one boat, and a lot of them have two or more.

Jimmy Durante

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 09:14:19 AM »
Send me a pic I can tell u what it is

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 05:47:45 PM »
I don't have a picture of the top of it, but it looks like a radio antenna to my unpracticed eye. It does have a small anemometer attached to the side, but I don't know if that's relevant. Whatever it is, the base is sunk in concrete.

our house outside.mov

Jimmy Durante

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 06:10:29 PM »
That is the base of a Rohn HDBX antenna tower. Very rusty...do not climb. You may want to look at taking that down for liability reasons. That thing is old. You say it's 20'? sounds low. Those were 7' sections if memory serves me. Count the bolt spacings...

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 08:14:57 PM »
yea salt ive been missing peterjay..................thought he was doing time myself...........three hots and a cott
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 09:42:17 PM »
Not doing time Handy - I was just up there visiting my fiancee "Big Louie" Garganese. Big Louie hasn't been the same since I made parole. These separations are tough on all concerned.

Thanks Salty - taking that thing down sounds like a good idea. I don't really need to talk to anybody in the Azores anyway. I can hear all the Portuguese I want over at the Holy Ghost Club.

Jimmy Durante