Author Topic: A nice suprise to lighen a dark week  (Read 4696 times)

Offline Out Fishing

A nice suprise to lighen a dark week
« on: September 11, 2011, 07:07:12 PM »
The previous two weeks were quite interesting. First I have a microburst over my house that knocks down my power pole and rips to power line from the side of the house. Once I get the pole replaced and power restored we have an earthquake, then one of my employees dies, and to top it off the hurricane hits and I end up without power for 4 days. Once the power is restored a second time it starts to rain and everyone knows what that brought. I'm in a lot better shape than many in New England and I am thankful. However, it was a stressful week as I was busy trying to do what I could to get the transportation infrastructure back up and running.

One bright note during all of this was a visit from the mailman (or UPS, I can't remember which one the wife said). He brought a package which contained a beautiful t-shirt with a fantastic logo on it. One that I will proudly wear as I toss the new micro-spooks (from a Salty's Kit) I recently finished. I can't wait to post pictures of that and to brag to everyone around here about the great lures that they need to build and try. Thanks Scott!!

By the way, the micro-spook did really well in preliminary testing! Painted in blue scales over pearl...   

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: A nice suprise to lighen a dark week
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 07:27:37 PM »
Excellent! Sorry to hear of the misfortune. That stinks!!
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 06:45:50 AM »
...and now another box of Salty goodness!  ;D  More lures came today...let the painting begin...

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 04:21:49 PM »
awesome! enjoy Bill and tnx!
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 04:38:27 PM »
Already have almost all of them drying after sanding, weighting, and sealing...white undercoat is next...I'm getting the hang of these! The wrap is easy if you have the right tool. As soon as I can figure out how to post pics I will put some up of my existing work...

Opening a box of Salty's plug kits is like seeing the golden ticket!!!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 05:41:34 PM »
hehe most excellent! post em up!

Raven

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 05:55:06 AM »
that's  so weird it happened on sept 11

on Halloween we had that freak storm that dropped an oak on our power pole sending a surge of
240 volt current thru the house frying everything electrical and our private pole to span the
distance got broken at the base and needed replacing too.   >:D

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 05:36:30 PM »
got to get ya one of those salty litebulb plugs to brighten up things a little
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent