Author Topic: I wasn't going to share this  (Read 4038 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
I wasn't going to share this
« on: April 17, 2012, 07:21:50 PM »
I am not one to toot my horn on stuff like this. But I thought about this for the last few weeks and decided that this was worthwhile to share. Permission was granted to use the photos.

I was approached by this guy last year asking for a donation. Since the economy has really sucked for a while I have backed off sponsoring any tournaments and have taken a pretty dim view of freebies. I really never see any direct benefit back from this stuff. {no-one has ever said hey I won a lure at this tournament and I caught this on it thanks for the donation)

This guy was different. He struck me as very genuine. I said what a great idea. He's making a difference in kids today.

Less drugs, video games, gangs and violence. More fun. Way cool. Hat's off to David and the kids!

Featured on the local news.

http://www.newson6.com/category/121535/video-page?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=3777553

Here's some pics of the stuff they did.

Sweet.

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

Re: I wasn't going to share this
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 08:53:04 PM »
Now That's my kind of Class. Some good freehand going on there. Nice... Good for you, Scott!  :)
Tom C

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 05:41:30 AM »
Well good for you scott bet those kids loved doing that, and wel done to the guy who got the kids involved

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 12:12:29 AM »
yea real nice scott
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Raven

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 08:05:23 AM »
I liked it...   a way to spur the imagination
however...  i  think more colors of paint would have been nice.