Author Topic: Banana plugs  (Read 4407 times)

Offline Out Fishing

Banana plugs
« on: November 02, 2012, 04:23:47 PM »
What is the best way to glue the halves together a good wood glue urethane or plain old 2 ton epoxy.Also should the halves be sealed before gluing.Thanks.

Offline Out Fishing

Re: Banana plugs
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 04:32:49 AM »
Cancel the sealing ? Still would like to know what the best glue is though.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 06:27:55 PM »
I would brush the two halves with 30 minute epoxy then clamp together. This is how I've done the ones I've made. Gorilla glue works as does thick ca glue. Seal after it's glued.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 07:19:52 PM »
Would`nt 6" nails do the trick lol.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 07:30:07 PM »
well I haven't seen that done yet but I've seen one go very close. I had a lure hanging in my shop for a long time that the guy hammered the weight in the belly and cracked the body and returned it as defective. You could see the deformations and flat spots in the weight LOL that took the cake.

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 08:24:08 PM »
The cheeky barsteward have you got any pic`s of that plug lol,i was only kidding epoxy will do fine as will gator glue i found that stuff holds up well.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 08:27:38 PM »
I think I tossed it cleaning out one day. Numerous people have had a laugh looking at this over the years.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 02:55:25 PM »
Thanks first one I've done I used the Devcon seems to hold well.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 04:04:17 PM »
I've made a half dozen all with devcon and all are rock solid. I really like the swim of the little one. That thing is spot on. It's like a suspending jerk bait in freshwater. You twitch and retrieve and that tail slaps around sweet while the body rolls side to side.. I would like to take a video of these things swimming if I ever had the time and multiple people. It's hard to hold the camera and the rod at the same time. I would like to try making some with foiled sides. I've played with holographic mylar and decals in the shop, neither of which I can perfect on a mass production to make it worthwhile. That little one in foil would be like a wet dream to a striper.