Author Topic: Tin Spoons  (Read 59497 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: Tin Spoons
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2010, 03:42:37 PM »
These are unpolished and need sprue cleaned off. No nose rivets yet they haven't come in. Supposed to be here. 1 3/4 oz

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2010, 03:44:21 PM »
1.5 peanuts I think this will be popular for bonitooooooooooooo

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2010, 03:46:54 PM »
And the FISH. I did some with thru wire and a few with eyes. I like the thru wire better. Going to order 1000 of the wires Monday. These need to be polished and they'll get painted with black on the backs and red gill slits

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2010, 03:50:05 PM »
Remember NOT my inventions. Clones of working stuff out there...

risurffishing

« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2010, 04:08:01 PM »
The other tins I'll be releasing for testing to individuals that want to give me feedback on them (selective basis and you got to make some promises to me)
   How can I get on the list?  :bhappy:

The oldest son has been using the airbrush lately, he can work!!   LOL   Seriously Scott, i am ten minutes from the water, would be glad to test one or more out?

Thanks
John

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2010, 04:39:09 PM »
YOUR IN LIKE JOHN FLYNN :)

The other tins I'll be releasing for testing to individuals that want to give me feedback on them (selective basis and you got to make some promises to me)

The oldest son has been using the airbrush lately, he can work!!   LOL   Seriously Scott, i am ten minutes from the water, would be glad to test one or more out?

Thanks
John

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2010, 04:53:54 PM »
I like the butter fish stick a bnig hook on one and I will throw it at a tuna  :)

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2010, 04:58:32 PM »
If the albies ever come in, you can field test them on my boat, B-Bay has been void of life for the last month.  :-*   

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2010, 05:04:32 PM »
Handy is going to blow a gasket when he sees these
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2010, 05:47:42 PM »
Well done! I love those classic designs. Just like the stuff I remember from back when I was kid and woolly mammoths roamed New England. I'd say that plundering half the world's tin supply is gonna pay off. I really like that fish mold - is that DC 3120?
"Why can't everybody leave everyone else the hell alone?"

Jimmy Durante

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2010, 06:16:22 PM »
Dunno what dc3120 is. That's a copy of a tin I found online.

risurffishing

« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2010, 06:29:53 PM »
YOUR IN LIKE JOHN FLYNN :)

Thanks
John

Scott, you want me to just send my address in an email?

Thank you for the chance to try on of these out.

bananalama

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2010, 06:31:38 PM »
No I have your info John no problem

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2010, 06:56:00 PM »
Dow Corning 3120 is a heat-resistant RTV silicone - it's the same color as your mold, that's why I asked. Supposed to be great stuff, but you need a vacuum chamber, which is why I don't use it. Again, nice job on the tins. Hope you do well with them.
"Why can't everybody leave everyone else the hell alone?"

Jimmy Durante

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2010, 07:03:23 PM »
no this is contenti mold material meant to do spincasting. It gets vulcanized and is good for I think about 1000 degrees. It comes in as basically 4 pancakes of clay like material that the pieces get pressed into.