Author Topic: k this ones for all rod builders on here (help)  (Read 2807 times)

Offline Out Fishing

k this ones for all rod builders on here (help)
« on: May 07, 2011, 08:40:22 AM »
im getting ready to build my 1st rod been 20yrs since i built one im going to use a cork grip on this rod question is iv never done one how do i start and finish it got the genral idea have all the parts cork tape is 1 in wide 1/8th thick blank is 8ft was going to have a 16in butt and 8 in for grip reel seat is graph.thanks for any help
as life goes on things get taken from you live for today yesterday is gone and tomorrow isn't here yet go fishing

Offline Out Fishing

• Fly fishing & tying, plugging, rod building...
Re: k this ones for all rod builders on here (help)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 06:20:29 AM »
K - haddockfanatic - I'm assuming your talking about JUST the corktape, right?  Assuming that and easier to show you then explain, here is a video on how to measure and get the angle right for your first cut and putting cork tape on.

Replacing Cork tape on a surf rod Part I Surfcasters Journal video.mpg

BTW - what blank are  you using?

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 07:20:09 AM »
gator blank dhx35h 8ft
as life goes on things get taken from you live for today yesterday is gone and tomorrow isn't here yet go fishing

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 07:32:29 AM »
thank you bruce got it just watched it ill look at it in more detail when i get off the rd on fri take care and thank you again

Offline Out Fishing

• Fly fishing & tying, plugging, rod building...
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 07:48:56 AM »
no problem - feel free to PM me if you have questions.