Author Topic: Lure Turning Motor, Again...  (Read 9135 times)

Offline Out Fishing

Re: Lure Turning Motor, Again...
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 10:35:18 AM »
I'm ordering the 30 rpm motor. if I go with a 4 lure set, can I stop and start to coat all 4 lures at the same time or should I start with just 2? Cabela's has a two part professional rod finish in pre measured packets, good reviews on their site. Anyone have experience with this product? Thanks.
Tom C

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2011, 07:34:04 PM »
cant speak for other brands tom....ive only used flexcoat......you can buy smaller bottles of flex coat......i like to mix my stuff rather than useing packets.... you can turn your motor manualy but if your doing 4 plugs  you just have to work a little faster dont forget your set time with flex coat is 4hrs......but start off doing 1 plug to get the feel for things...i dont like useing devcon  to coat 4 plugs u have to work to fast.....its ok for 1 plug....im not sure if devcon is UV protected i dont think so.......but flexcoat is UV protected.... how much is in a packet.....you dont want to wind up throwing your mixture out  2ml of each resin/hardner of flexcoat should be good per plug..depending on the size......a danny and or a surfster  would work just fine for 1.5ml/2.0ml.......turn you motor manualy for each plug  and just keep watching for sags......if you catch a sag  just rotate or start the motor for awhile then stop and continue to coat your plugs.....once they are all coated .....start your motor...................good luck tom :)
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 05:47:22 PM »
Handy, Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions and the tips too. Big help...
Going with the 30 rpm motor, flex coat,and some glitter. I have some time to play around with the turning set up. Bruce, are you are using a chuck with  the 1" dowel? Electrical test clips with an open female crimp end?
Good guys on this site! Tnks...
Tom C