Author Topic: TS-100 Epoxy, anyone else try this?  (Read 3338 times)

Offline Out Fishing

TS-100 Epoxy, anyone else try this?
« on: September 07, 2011, 03:38:27 PM »
Gentleman, trying out different epoxies I stumbled upon this material from a government contractor who is affiliated with shipyard construction. Here is the link....it might be interesting to some of you who might want to experiment with this 1 part self leveling epoxy.

Here is the website: http://www.topsecretcoatings.com/cstore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=863

A little expensive but this stuff has went through a slew of time tested jetties.
Slingin' eels should be an olympic sport!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: TS-100 Epoxy, anyone else try this?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 03:47:24 PM »
This is a standard aliphatic urethane, same as KBS, Dick Nite, and many more.

Is fair for one coat...better for multiples.

Not as good as epoxy. No matter what they say.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 04:06:28 PM »
Salty, very good to know and I have a question where you might be able to steer me into the right direction. I have a buddy who works for DuPont. Is there anything from this company that I might check into? I like Diamond Finish but its a pain in the arse to store. If you can....not taking away the integrity of this site and I would understand completely. Thank you

BTW..those new tin squids are sick!
Slingin' eels should be an olympic sport!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 04:30:52 PM »
I don't know what Dupont has there is many different kinds of paint out there. There isn't a perfect clear coat. They ALL have drawbacks.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts