Author Topic: Bunch of Bananas  (Read 4470 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Bunch of Bananas
« on: October 03, 2011, 03:55:38 PM »
Whipped some up today with some work I have been doing to the banana machine. They take just over 7 minutes to do complete.

Believe I've got the fixturing right now I was able to cut these at a 150 feed rate which is pretty decent.
 No more chattering and pieces are easily separated with uniform thickness. Hand sanding to flatten complete or done easily on a drill press with a mop or drum sander. I'm wondering what foil would look like over these as is.....

Next up is molds to flip them and route the inside for weight and wire. I have a neat idea to vacuum hold them since every one is exact size I think it will work.

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: Bunch of Bananas
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 01:51:41 PM »
Had a hiccup on the z axis yesterday which is what does the plunge. Not sure why I put it together like that. I put a collar and a set screw on the shaft instead of tapping a nut for the shaft. There were 10mm threads there. Course I flattened one spot. Duh. That killed yesterday pretty much.

Today this ran about 300,000 lines of g code with not one hiccup.   At the speed/rate this cuts I will have to change the bit every day.

Here's a real bunch of bananas :)

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 06:33:01 PM »
Ok so it's really a pile of bananas :)

The bananas are all drilled for the big belly weight.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 03:05:55 PM »
Baby bananas

5" should finish out to ~2 oz

playing with this idea.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 03:52:14 PM »
They look ripe and ready to go lol

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 05:06:18 PM »
Bananas got sold out pretty quick. I have a truck of wood showing up tomorrow. We'll be doing some more of these this winter stay tuned.

Several people have reported back that they swim nicely with just 2 belly weights in them and they don't need the full 4.