Author Topic: Quick Question - Mineral Spirits and Cape  (Read 4524 times)

Offline Out Fishing

Quick Question - Mineral Spirits and Cape
« on: June 28, 2012, 12:40:15 AM »
Fellas long time no talk. Just had a few questions

1) Got mineral spirits to seal plug instead of sanding sealer. How long do I soak? Do i need to mix with anything? How long to set?

2) Going to the Cape this weekend and want to catch my first bass over 25". I have a boat (26" Regulator) and will pay for gas and ice if you bring knowledge and tackle (rods,lures, etc). I am used to tuna fishing in NJ and want to get a big bass. Boat is out of Oyster Harbor Marina.

Thanks a bunch  bananalama

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: Quick Question - Mineral Spirits and Cape
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 05:06:04 AM »
RUT RO!

**********************Mineral spirits is a solvent only DO N O T soak in plain mineral spirits************************

It's used to thin the sanding sealer, spar varnish, tung oil, linseed oil, etc.

Man if your boat wasnt so far east I'd say I'd take you out. I don't have much experience in that stretch east of cotuit to Monomoy other than I think it is Bishops & Clerks rockpile. If you want big bass right now you need to be on the n side of the Vineyard or S side of Cuttyhunk.  That's a long ride from Osterville....
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 05:13:53 AM »
Call me today if you want to take the ride. I haven't looked at the forecast though but should be HOT.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 08:09:13 AM »
scottr.........keep it simple.........waterlox marine sealer has all the fix'ens for a good sealer you wont be disapointed.....pricey but well worth the coast.............good luck fishin.....hook a big one
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 08:16:52 AM »
The thought just occurred to me maybe he's not using them as plugs

Maybe he's making some kind of new Molotov !@#&tail LOL

:sofa:

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 11:23:03 AM »
 :bash:

Wel i am glad I didnt soak in just mineral spirits. What is the best to mix mineral spirits with and what ratio? Also, thanks a bunch for offering to take me but I am not on the Cape until Friday. :(

Scott

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 07:58:42 PM »
Scott I was looking back through old threads here and realized you never got an answer, did your question get answered in the sticky sealing thread at the top?