Author Topic: wire question  (Read 3572 times)

Offline Out Fishing

wire question
« on: July 25, 2012, 08:42:39 PM »
I'm still learning....

"Step #10    Push the wire all the way into the front of the lure so that the tag end of the wire is inside the nose grommet. The wire will extend out the back of the lure. Line up the nose loop up and down on the lure."

Where does the end of the wire not attached to the rear hook go? Does it just sit in the nose of the lure? Does it need to be epoxied? Pics or video clip would be of great help.
-Thanks

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: wire question
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 05:09:37 AM »
No it's as simple as push it in, it just sits there. A picture wouldn't help in this instance I think because it would only show the loop and the lure not where the tag end is. No epoxy no nothing.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 07:38:27 AM »
ok, thanks for the response Salty

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 07:26:41 AM »
Another thing I hear sometimes is that a wire through drill might be close to a side or bottom of a belly hole. If you do this as pictured at the end of the wire, it allows you to twist the wire at the head as you insert it and since a swivel is less than .062, even just a slight bend will give you enough side movement by turning it into the hole to "grab" the swivel inside then once you grab the swivel the wire can be again twisted at the nose and continue pushing through to the back.

Neat trick. The wire bend can either be cut off before finishing or can usually be bent back with round nose pliers. Makes it easier to add tail weights or grommets.

Roto Rooooooter  ;)

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts