Author Topic: THE SMILE SAYS IT ALL....THE STORY MAKES IT BETTER!  (Read 5328 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
THE SMILE SAYS IT ALL....THE STORY MAKES IT BETTER!
« on: November 29, 2018, 03:26:56 PM »

Earlier this year a customer approached me and said he was moving to Papua New Guinea and needed some help with bringing some lures to fish. I made some recommendations to him and set him up with the proper stuff. What follows is untouched comments.  :bhappy:

Hello Scott,
Finally got to put your fat heads to good use and they are absolutely amazing. I was in West New Britain, Papua New Guinea fishing for GT and Yellow-fin and they were absolutely smashing the fatheads, usually after only one or two pulls. I even caught a 5 foot Dusky shark on the popper and the "tunarizing" held up so well the guides could not believe the lure stood up and the hooks did not bend with that monster on! The fatheads out fished all the other poppers on the boat by a longshot.
The captain was so impressed he wanted to buy them off of me!!! Bad news is I lost two fatheads on absolute monsters that dragged me into the reef and cut my line. I guess that is normal for that type of fishing but man it was the trip of a lifetime. Good news is I will be ordering a bunch more from you soon.
I am attaching a photo of the biggest GT I was able to land on your popper. Could not get a picture of the shark as it was pissed off!!!!!
Thanks man they absolutely destroyed your lures, I mean smashed them on the surface. I think I have a video of me landing the GT with the banana colored 3oz in its mouth.

Waaaaaaaaaay cool pic and congrats to Guillermo! Great Job! I'm humbled to see and hear results like this! As Guillermo has seen the Fathead has been one of my best poppers since its inception. Tunarizing it involves 600lb swivels and extra heavy duty hardware and as you can see this is what it takes to land these BRUTES from the deep!

Here's where he now lives for reference!
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Papua+New+Guinea/@-6.2749856,141.3198943,5z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x6859e8afbf0e9eaf:0xdaf0e50d8e9c127a!8m2!3d-6.6209573!4d144.2724609

We have shipped our lures worldwide with many many results like this! Taking a trip this winter? Send me an email and would be happy to work with you to help make your trip an absolute success!

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

Re: THE SMILE SAYS IT ALL....THE STORY MAKES IT BETTER!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 04:38:08 PM »
Make sure you buy enough lures from Salty to sell some to the others clamoring for them.  I think a pallet of them should suffice.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: THE SMILE SAYS IT ALL....THE STORY MAKES IT BETTER!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 05:57:24 PM »
LOL Why stop at a pallet  :)
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts