Author Topic: poppers for the back bay....its a fly thing  (Read 6272 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
poppers for the back bay....its a fly thing
« on: November 13, 2013, 09:00:48 PM »
havent seen much  action on the site  so i figured i post up some poppers ive been working on for the back bay in the spring

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

Re: poppers for the back bay....its a fly thing
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 08:31:21 AM »
Nice! Those look like foam. I watched a video on YT of a guy making those. Looked like fun.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 05:55:04 PM »
yea andy they are the hard body popper bodys from WAPSI......yea i saw the same vid......i ordered the bodys  and some mustads in stainless steel with the bend on them......gona yous them in the back in the spring
hmmmm cant figure why the pic is so big......i checked the size for forums and thats ok...unless its just on my computer

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 12:16:36 PM »
I got a popper kit when I was a kid that had cork bodies and the bent hooks. It was a great learning experience just figuring out how to make them look better. It came with thin wire of some sort that you had to wrap the bodies with after the hook went in. Then they got painted with some craft paints. It also gave me my first experience at tying tails (straight feathers and spiral wrapped). Really simple kit but i can still feel those first few lures when I touch any of the salty kits now. I guess that is why I was drawn to that video and your poppers. Good luck with them.

Your pic seems to be 4000x3000. You can reduce the size in photoshop ir some other software.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 05:25:04 PM »
Bruce your picture is hosted on imageshack so you can delete or edit it there. I can't edit it here it's on their server.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 07:30:13 AM »
ill check it out salt

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 09:23:43 AM »
those poppers can be a blast when there are 20lb plus stripers around.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 07:02:36 AM »
boy salt yea that would be nice.......fish hard all fall.......just got into some fish sunday night.....its  been a tuff fall run for me

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 12:14:50 PM »
I think alot of people echo that sentiment. Was a less than stellar year for fishing. Seems like everyone agrees there is an issue with the Striper stocks. Nobody wants to step up and fix it.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 07:18:02 PM »
i hear that scott......this was the first year at montauk that i didnt see a fish caught...plus no waders drying in the parking lot.......i never seen guys playing horse shoes and cards in the lot  fish come and go here i jersey....but its been slim pickens   i dont keep any fish just toss em back

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 08:00:55 PM »
Well there's the whole problem!

You keep throwing them back! They're telling all their friends not to go near the beaches now because some guy dressed up in rubber stuck a hook in his head.

That's it!  :)

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 06:16:09 PM »
lol yea...... man i just checked the reports on BETTY AND NICKS....current fishging reports......its a slaughter i tell you  poor bass  its doom and gloom for the bass population.........ouch!!!