Author Topic: Help me out please  (Read 5787 times)

Offline Out Fishing

Help me out please
« on: March 25, 2014, 04:35:42 PM »
Hey guys.  Im having MAJOR issues right now with this damn air brush.  I havent had any issues in months.  NOW, the damn thing just wants to spit out paint.  Ive tried 8 different needles and a few of them were brand new (never used).  I have a small compressor that doesnt have an adjustment for the pressure.  It does have a water trap on it.  Never had this issue before, so I would assume it isnt the pressure.  Help a brutha out.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: Help me out please
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 07:30:56 PM »
Sounds like it needs to be cleaned. They make brush kits for doing this. Also you can soak in windex and water first over night. If that don't work you can soak in virgin lacquer thinner but will most likely have to replace all o rings and seals.

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 07:37:10 PM »
sounds like moisture to me....what type of trap u useing   not to sure what type of gun your useing but a Badger air brush has little white bushings that need to be replaced   unlike the Iwata that just need a good cleaning   some white paints will build up on the tip and cause a simular problem  but i suspect moisture for sure, try to swap out your gun if you have a friend or someone you know who has a airbrush........not that this is your problem but i would suggest get a  control  regulator to cut back on the air pressure for some detail work.....generaly ill spray no heavier than 30-35lbs   and for fine work ill cut it down to 25-20lb     and thats pressure is adjusted with the air trigger depressed   not in the closed position   good luck 
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 10:17:01 PM »
Moisture is not typically an issue in the wintertime Bruce. Usually when you see something spitting like that it's a bad needle or a cracked seat or it means that it just needs to be cleaned out really really well.

When does it spit does it spit as soon as you plug it in the air?

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 06:36:04 PM »
good point  i wounder if the tank has water in it ?????? just for the hell of it opean the drain at the bottom of the compressure  if ya have a tank       if ya dont scrap that thought

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 03:15:34 PM »
I have 1 of these mini compressors I ordered from Amazon, it came with a Master gun.  Like I said, Ive never had much issues with it until now.  After soaking it for 2 days, extensive cleaning, it seems like the spitting is gone BUT now all I get is a fine stream regardless of the needle.  So the coverage are is small, making painting a lure 1 solid color a nightmare.  Thoughts on that?

Thx,
Bill

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 03:38:45 PM »
Needle or seat problem. Seat needs to matched in size to needle. There's a restriction somewhere. Checkout some of the airbrush forums....

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 02:34:44 PM »
well  i never heard of a mastergun........but i will say ive used badger and had issues with that product over time and after rebuilding the gun  still didnt perform as well as i liked.......  with the  product they have a seal thats not field replaceable.... which the gun would have to be sent back to the manufacture......needless  to say thats not your problem    but what i will recomend is the  IWATA  ECLIPSE HP    its a great gun and maint is a breeze  thats just speaking for my self  good luck    maybe try calling the manufacture on your gun maybe they can help you out   maybe they have tech support......since you cleaned the gun maybe just maybe theres a loose partical of dirt/paint   thats blocking where the needle goes threw   which is causeing the fine spray your talking bout

Offline Out Fishing

• Doesn't really fish
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 09:30:36 PM »
I have an ultra sonic cleaner to clean mine  :)  cant beat that. like new after every cleaning.  then again I have too, I make my living using mine ,
and a meager one at that  :(

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 05:35:55 AM »
Change the nozzle and see what happens the needle is normally not the problem unless it is not seated properly.Soak the other one and clean it out actually I would break down the whole airbrush and soak it and clean the entire thing.