Author Topic: Before/Start of a new machine  (Read 158859 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Fly fishing & tying, plugging, rod building...
Re: Before/Start of a new machine
« Reply #120 on: May 27, 2011, 07:40:39 AM »
Now THAT - is a real man's toy!  Dual cutters, coordinated efforts....  Really cool stufff

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2012, 06:56:22 PM »
This machine has now taken over alot of the turning work in the shop. I'm down two axis right now from drive failures (bad drives) I looked at the maintenance hours today it's run for a total of 162 hours and traveled 1,450,000 inches in the Z axis and 630,000 in the X axis.

It's turned out to be incredibly accurate and only one or two minor crashes the entire time it's ran. Working on a special project with this in the spring and going to do some face turning for part of it. Dust collection has been an issue. That thing makes alot of sawdust real quick.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2012, 07:31:46 AM »
Jeremy if your ever in the area I'll give you .05 tour you wear my special pink safety glasses though :)
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2012, 07:32:07 AM »
LOL Karl those safety glasses are still there :)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2012, 09:10:43 AM »
i feed it to people who ask too many questions

:)

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2012, 12:53:27 PM »
Scott,

That is a work of art........you have skills my friend !!!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2012, 03:10:43 PM »
I'm a hack.

175/hour today. Going to RISAAAA

We'll have some boxes of bodies there....

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #127 on: December 17, 2013, 03:05:22 PM »
This machine went BONKERS today. Holy crap the thing was moving by itself. it became THE TERMINATOR

I hit estop immediately. Assessed what just happened. Holy crap the x axis is taking off while the Z axis is moving. But never on it's own. Only when Z moving. WTF. When Z gets to a certain point wham X starts flying. Shut it down and turns out there was a broken wire on the X encoder that tells the compooter where it is. Lucky find. Every time it traveled past the break it reconnected and made it go beserk jittering and twerking more than Miley Cyrus LOL

Will have to remember to look at machine hours tomorrow.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #128 on: October 04, 2014, 11:02:47 PM »
HEY JIMMY I'M STILL WAITING FOR THE CHAIR  :D :D :D :D :D

oh it's comin you can count on that.  :)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #129 on: October 04, 2014, 11:05:35 PM »
Was looking at this today, machine has now moved more than 1.57 million inches. Still holds a .004 tolerance. Several hiccups since it was built, most all attributed to sawdust. Gee I wonder why LOL

This machine went BONKERS today. Holy crap the thing was moving by itself. it became THE TERMINATOR

I hit estop immediately. Assessed what just happened. Holy crap the x axis is taking off while the Z axis is moving. But never on it's own. Only when Z moving. WTF. When Z gets to a certain point wham X starts flying. Shut it down and turns out there was a broken wire on the X encoder that tells the compooter where it is. Lucky find. Every time it traveled past the break it reconnected and made it go beserk jittering and twerking more than Miley Cyrus LOL

Will have to remember to look at machine hours tomorrow.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2015, 06:59:58 PM »
Computer spit up it's hard drive today. Can't understand why when it took me 20 minutes to get all the dust out LOL! Full backup means just a new hard disk and reload all the files and back in business!

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2017, 05:25:47 PM »
My first post on here this morning and happened to spot this wonderful piece of engineering ---------WOW.
That's a beautiful thing Salty, soooo fast and accurate, I do appreciate the hours you have put into, not only the machine but also posts and videos.
Pete

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #132 on: January 07, 2017, 02:49:47 PM »
Glad you like the stuff Hazmail. I've enabled alot of people to fish lures that have been gone for 50 years and more. Alot of fun. Usual headaches.  :fart: bananalama

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2017, 02:09:06 PM »
Here is to hoping that every tap stays in one piece.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2017, 04:53:58 PM »
Hi Bowfin Happy New Year.