Author Topic: 1 in 50 million lobster  (Read 3548 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

Re: 1 in 50 million lobster
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 04:04:32 PM »
Jeez, I've seen blue ones, but never a split like that. I thought Salty'd been reading the National Enquirer again until I looked it up. Here's another one.
"Why can't everybody leave everyone else the hell alone?"

Jimmy Durante

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 04:17:30 PM »
ha! That's wild. I have seen the half orange before but don't think I've ever seen half blue. Wonder if that lobster has survived longer because of it's color. Less profile? Sharp abnormal line?

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 06:36:53 PM »
I'd say it's pretty well camouflaged. They aren't too active in the daytime anyway. I've been attacked by quite a few lobsters at night, but very few in broad daylight.
"Why can't everybody leave everyone else the hell alone?"

Jimmy Durante

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 06:50:22 PM »
I have caught solid blue bugs before, when I was a kid a guy in the harbor Caught an albino bug, it was in the pound for a few years for all to see, then it went to the Aquarium in Boothbay. Very cool!

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 07:03:37 AM »
my dad caught a blue one when I was 7 he fished out of wells was real bright blue underside was real white he put it back were he caught it was not caught again that I no of
as life goes on things get taken from you live for today yesterday is gone and tomorrow isn't here yet go fishing