Author Topic: Waders  (Read 4108 times)

Offline Out Fishing

Waders
« on: October 04, 2013, 02:33:33 PM »
Hey guys, I'm looking for some suggestions.  Looking to get a new pair of waders.  I haven't had a pair for quite sometime.  Any suggestions?  I'm a big boy, lol.  6'3ish and 300 lbs, so keep that in mind if there are any other big guys in here, please suggest a wader.  Thx

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
Re: Waders
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 07:56:20 PM »
well bhowe2225.......i have two sets of waders simm stocking foots with korker brand boots.... they are lite and comfortable......but what i find.....  its a pain in the ass to put on the waders then slip on the boots then pull down the sand gaurds....they are nice dont get me wrong  but i like my red balls with the boot attached all ya have to do is slip them on and hit the beach fishin quick and dirty.......one thing ill add bout the korker boots is they come with differant soles which is nice to switch out for rocks or beach   good luck!!! maybe ill catch on the beach at IBSP........cant miss my truck maroon with lettering HANDYMAN
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 08:07:02 PM »
Agree with what Handy says. I have stocking foots with boots. I like the Orvis stuff but Simms, but red ball makes good stuff too. There's alot of choices out there. I like my boots with the changeable felts on the bottom.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 03:22:38 PM »
Thx guys.  I picked up a cheap pair for now.  Handy, I've been down to IBSP a few times so far in the last few weeks.  Got a ton of kingfish on clams.  Nothing to write home about yet.

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 07:22:34 PM »
bhowe2225   say orvis has breathable boot foot waders  endura clearwater..bootfoot
but good ya got some anyway......yea i was at IBSP throwing AVA'S-27's/47's which were blowing back at me with the NORTHEASTER cranking   like i said if ya ever see a maroon chevy silverrodo with handyman lettering...stop by.......hope this wind kicks thing off  but i just checked the surf cam  looks dirty and it is still like a washing machine......good luck
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 08:27:50 PM »
LL Bean!!! Emergers are the ones I have 3yrs old no prob. Plus lifetime guarentee. Cant go wrong.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 06:45:25 PM »
Handy,

Looks like they've been doing well on metal and teasers last 2 days, from my intel. 

Offline Out Fishing

• Doesn't really fish
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 07:09:19 AM »
what are waders? what are they used for?

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 09:32:40 AM »
Jim you put them on once a year on 10/31 and walk around with a bucket picking up candy

;)
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Doesn't really fish
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 07:34:06 AM »
oh, .... I think the booted waders are better on sandy beaches, no sand to gets in.