Author Topic: Scott, your van is NICE  (Read 3518 times)

risurffishing

Scott, your van is NICE
« on: September 22, 2010, 09:36:47 AM »
Scott, was checking out the site and saw the pic' of your 4X4 van with the trailer. The van looks NICE. Where did your have the 4X4 conversion done? Am thinking next year for a new car, so just looking for what info you can give.  :satan:

Thanks

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: Scott, your van is NICE
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 02:56:43 PM »
Thanks John it's all paid for next month YIPPEEEEEEEEEE :)

That's a 2006 Quigley conversion. First diesel 4x4 in NE and 3rd in the entire country back then. There is no substitute for a Quigley. It's very expensive, currently $12k for the diesel conversion I believe. I have somewhere about $72k into that machine as it sits. Yea holy crap huh?

risurffishing

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 08:04:23 PM »
Scott, holy  :o . But when you look at most new trucks arte in the 40-50K range, 72 is not that far out. It being a diesel must really help around Jan, when you are traveling to all the shows. And it almost being paid for is  :dance: . I was looking at the Quigley converstions, and everything I have read has been good. So we will see what next year brings.

Thanks

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 08:09:33 PM »
If you can swing it DO IT. There isn't a truck on the road that can outrun this thing. It's my second Quigley. Once you buy one you won't want to drive anything else.

I look over hummers. I sit level with 5 ton tow trucks. I can take corners on ramps at 50 without even a hint of body roll. It pulls the boat like nothing there, and yes when the shows come I can haul literally 5k lbs of wood anywhere...with 16 mpg towing and 21 not towing.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 09:08:22 AM »
Found out a few weeks ago that Quigley stopped making the solid front axle van. Shame. They engineered a new ifs system similar to what they use on the fords and I don't like it. I went down to look at it back then and was disappointed in the sizes of the stock they used in it. I figured it was going to have problems with durability and they have unfortunately. They had a actual recall on some of the ford vans I believe for control arms or something related.

Few more weeks hopefully on the bike and I'll park it for the winter. Be in the van every day. Too friggin cold at 30 to ride.