Author Topic: Bad Mojo  (Read 2832 times)

Offline Out Fishing

Bad Mojo
« on: December 05, 2010, 05:18:07 PM »
 Bad Mojo,                 About three weeks ago we were fishing the beaches in SIC. NJ. Down for four, five days.  First day, Plugs and metal for a few hours on the 10' 6 "___ 2-6 oz.  Mojo surf, nothing.   Friend is fishing Clam, Skates and a few shorts. OK break time. My bait rods are still on the roof rack. Ah what the hell, take the Mojo (four Mo.old) and clip on a Hi-low rig with clam,stick it in a sand spike. Crack a cold one, grab some beef jerky, lean on the cooler rack. WAM, the rods alive...  Drop what I'm doing, "Walk Don't Run," I start to RUN to the rod, A few steps away I trip, go down on one knee to grab the sand spike, miss and grab the rod at the reel seat...  CRACK, broke right below the reel.   Things in motion...You know. Pull the rod out, the butt still attached by the rubber rod wrap. We're both laughing our asses off. I stick the reel into my chest, left hand way up the rod, fish making some runs, get him in.  38" @ 18# Have a 10' 6 "__3/4 - 3 Mojo, plugged a little more...Went to bait. Good Mojo,                 Called St. Croix. Told them what happened. (Blamed some on the fish) Told me to send the rod back via FedEx discount shipping, $5.00. along with $20.00.  Got a call last Tues. asked if I wanted to up grade to a "legend" 10.00 depreciation yr. on the Mojo, balance toward the "legend." No Thank You... We will send you a "New Mojo" ASAP.  FedEx came yesterday. New rod, New 5yr. warranty. About a two week turn around Great costumer service. always pleasant on the phone. No, BS...  Replaced a Tidemaster @ 5yrs. ago.
Tom C

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: Bad Mojo
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 05:35:30 PM »
ST CROIX is the nuts. I own many of their rods including a legend surf rod. Great stuff. Great company to deal with.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 05:36:06 PM »
I met the owner on the telephone last year at a show. Enjoyed a few laughs with him. Real nice guy.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 06:02:56 PM »
 Hi Scott,
            When previewed the above post,
 I had laid it out in paragraphs and separations for easier reading. Did I miss something?
Just a thought...

Tom C.
Tom C

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 06:16:20 PM »
I was tempted to take them up on the legand offer.
Too close to Christmas...

Tom C.
Tom C

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 06:25:10 PM »
something is probably messed up in how it formatted. No worries it's readable :)