Author Topic: Special thoughts for a member here  (Read 11722 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Special thoughts for a member here
« on: January 15, 2014, 08:22:23 PM »
Received some disappointing news tonight of a member here who wishes not to be named. Please say a prayer for him and keep him in your thoughts over the next few weeks. He's one of the regulars here and a very avid fisherman. He hasnt been around for a bit and a few including myself were wondering where he was.

He's got some tough times ahead.

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Doesn't really fish
Re: Special thoughts for a member here
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 12:22:29 PM »
I pray every day but its tough to pray for someone when you don't know who needs the prayer. :(

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 01:14:46 PM »
Just a thought then Jimmy wave
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 05:00:29 PM »
I may not know him but wish him the best.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 05:30:56 PM »
Long time member guys. Hasn't been around for a bit. Former Armed Svc, now lobsterman n likes building plugs. Diagnosed with cancer. Operation on Wednesday. Chemo etc supposedly don't work.  :bash:

Keep him in your thoughts.

Offline Out Fishing

• Doesn't really fish
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 11:00:15 PM »
My very close friends dad was just diagnosed today with pancreatic cancer, given a few months.
May the good Lord be by their sides

jbw252

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 06:08:43 AM »
Sorry to hear of this... positive thoughts for a speedy recovery.

Offline Out Fishing

• member of the beat ratty club of north america
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 09:55:46 AM »
hope all gos well, god bless
fishpimping east coast style

basswipe

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 01:51:34 PM »
Not a religious man but thoughts sent.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 03:22:14 PM »
Thanks you guys. Although he doesn't want extra attention the person I'm talking about here is our own member  Rich Gates aka "Herringchoker" from Maine. He definitely needs your thoughts. Rich had a kidney removed last week and is now home recuperating. He's got a very long road ahead and not a fun one. The cancer he has doesn't take chemo or radiation.

Any thoughts you can send his way is a ray of light for him on a very dark road. Rich is a GREAT guy and I've chatted many times with him off the board. He's obviously now out of work which sucks really fast considering the medical bs he's got to go through.

I would be interested in putting together a fundraiser for him or at least helping if others would like to do something for him too.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 06:26:34 PM »
He can't run after me and beat me up for telling you guys cuz he can't walk around good yet  ;D

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 08:08:13 PM »
No but I can still shoot strait!
Just kidding brother! We thank you all for you well wishes and prayers, they truly mean a lot, and Scott  we feel deeply blessed at the idea of a fund raiser, but it's not necessary, we have made provisions in the past, and should get us through, and given my faith in the man upstairs, miracles can happen and doors will be opened to carry us the rest of the way.And aside from the zipper on my belly we are all in the best of spirits and doing well, I am not out of the woods yet but there are a lot of good things going for us in this fight, just staying positive mentally is half the battle in my opinion, like I told Scott I am like the weeds in a sidewalk or on your lawn tuff as hell and hard to eradicate, :) that being said thank you all again from the bottom of out hearts  O/U  Rich

Offline Out Fishing

• Doesn't really fish
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 08:16:22 PM »
May the good Lord be by your side at this time, may his mightiest war faring angels be with you and your family during this hard fight.
God Bless

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 12:16:33 PM »
Just stopped by to check in and got the belated news. Thoughts and prayers go out to Rich and his family.
"Why can't everybody leave everyone else the hell alone?"

Jimmy Durante

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 10:33:57 AM »
Herringchoker, if you want to pick out a plug or a kit from Salty to give you something to look for in the mail, go ahead and do it and I'll cover the cost.  Cards are nice to get, but so is fishing stuff!

There is nothing like receiving a free Salty's lure in the mail to cheer a guy up! ::) ;)

Seriously, herringchoker, I insist.