Author Topic: MY NEW TOY!!!!!!!!!  (Read 7368 times)

ethompson

MY NEW TOY!!!!!!!!!
« on: October 07, 2010, 12:18:53 PM »
Just came today in the mail and i wanted to share.  its my 704z that has been customized.  Hope you Like

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: MY NEW TOY!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 12:24:29 PM »
Looks very nice!

ethompson

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 12:28:48 PM »
Thanks man and i'll report in the tin when i get back on tuesday night.  the last weekend was a complete wash because of the storms that went through.  hope tuesday is better.

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 04:22:49 PM »
hay ethompson good luck fishin.....dam! nice reel   did you ever think of getting your name ingraved in it  it wood look great on your own custom built rod.....with snake skin or abalone  and a nice stripe bass decal  and of course with your name on the rod......sweet reel :)
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

ethompson

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 07:31:38 PM »
hey handyman,

Thanks.  Its going on my mojo for now then over winter i was thinking of putting it on a custom 10 foot lami.  Never gave the name thing a thought but that is a good idea, might have to do that.  I'll be in the asbury area on tuesday and hope to have a few bass and yellow eyes destroy some of my new plugs :D .  if you are in the area at all, stop by and cast a few.  If there is a green xterra around, thats me and just look for the reel.  tight lines bud.

Evan

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 08:55:31 PM »
youll love the lami i just built a 11' ron arra plus the color is sweet......say good luck tuesday....although im heading to IBSP off two bit road tomarrow ill be on the beach at 5:00am throwing the tallywacker and swimmers.........if all else fails ill whip out the deadlydick( ah the lure version) with a teaser........but you never know i just might go tuesday to.....screw work..........good luck.... and again sweet reel :)

ethompson

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 09:01:54 PM »
My buddy has a 10 foot lami and he loves it and I have thrown it a few times and have to say it is a nice stick.  I have to get down to IBSP some day. never fished it but have heard good things.  Good luck to you too and let me know how you make out.  If I don't catch up with you on tuesday, I'll probably come down again next weekend.  Now that the run is starting, I'll be down as much as possible.  It will be over before we know it.  again thanks on the reel and tight lines.  hope you get into them.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 09:11:02 PM »
well if you ever want to hit IBSP let me know....i like to go during the week  cause the truck traffic could be a pain on the weekends.....i have the permit  and on weekends ill hit two bit road  which is still IBSP but with out the crowds...so if you want to venture out  let me know.....  :)

ethompson

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 10:28:06 PM »
well if you ever want to hit IBSP let me know....i like to go during the week  cause the truck traffic could be a pain on the weekends.....i have the permit  and on weekends ill hit two bit road  which is still IBSP but with out the crowds...so if you want to venture out  let me know.....  :)

absolutely and thanks for the invite!!!!!!!  I'll be sure to do that and during the week works great for me.  I have a strange schedule and can do weekdays fairly easy.  I will definately let you know soon.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 01:50:14 PM »
not a problem   nothin on the beach to day  the Atlantic lake was flat & clean alot of bait near shore   got 1 fluke on a teaser....got on the beach at 5:00am throwing the tallywacker....nothin......threw a swimmer nothin...... threw the deadly dick nothin.....not many birds working...... fish were jumping way far out  and slamming the surface  but  no bass or blues  i did see  1 hickory shad caught on  an AVA......good luck tuesday.....i still might go back out after work  :)

ethompson

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 02:26:03 PM »
At least you got out.  i'm a little surprised you didn't get into anything with the new moon last night and the conditions.  but thats fishing.  i think i am going to make a trip next weekend also.  If I do i'll let you know and we can meet up to fish IBSP.  I'll bring every plug i own and give them a try.   :D  I will let you know for sure by Tuesday night.  Good luck tonight if you get out and let me know how you make out.  talk to you later bud

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 06:32:02 AM »
That reel looks like a dave s custom, is it? I read that he does great work. Judging by the pic it looks great..
MSA-10730
LIBBA-952

risurffishing

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 12:59:34 PM »
Man that reel is NICE. Can you share the contact information? I have a 706z that could use a overhaul.

Thanks

ethompson

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 08:41:12 AM »
Skidd,

You are correct! it is a Dave T. custom.  i have another one that i am sending him at the end of november.  I'm in contact with him now discussing what design we are going to do for the next one and also the color.  I love the black but would really like to have the second one be different.  He does amazing work. :D

Risurf,
send me a message and we can talk

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 04:53:35 PM »
Thats right its dave t, he does great work. If you can post the contact info for him..... I tried to get it on another site and I was told I was breaking(lol) rules.....  w t f
MSA-10730
LIBBA-952