Author Topic: What you can do in under 1 hour  (Read 5446 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
What you can do in under 1 hour
« on: September 11, 2011, 11:52:06 AM »
Spur of the moment for tomorrow. Decided I needed to have one on at least one rod.

So literally in less than an hour, I took a Salty's 15 sharpeye kit, sanded it to a good shape, glued the lip in and wired, then dipped in sanding sealer twice to seal,
painted with water based white jig paint & brush, threw some glitter on while it was wet, then hit it with chartreuse jig paint on a brush, found some red krylon in the fire cabinet,
hit it lip included to give it some red. Dropped it once ahhh fish don't care :D I'm gonna introduce it to mr bassalo tomorrow  bananalama

1.5 Oz handcarved plug making kits from Salty's Wooden Lures
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
Re: What you can do in under 1 hour
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 04:10:00 PM »
should slay them................. :)
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 06:07:51 PM »
That will be the winner for you

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 06:51:56 PM »
Had a absolute ball with this today.  Trolls very well fast or slow also. ALOT of action. No roll. Just a very tight wiggle. Few bloofishes today but not much else going on. We was lookin for Bones. No luck. No albies anywhere around the Vineyard. We fished a 10 hour tide cycle today.

We found bait. Disappointing number of fish. Very.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 06:58:06 PM »
you got out there thats got to count for something.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 08:47:31 PM »
hay salt......its ok......just to get out there is what its all about............i just love getting out in the surf  fishing in the dark...just before first light............thats when im in my space.......casting out and ya cant see a thing.......on a good day ya get a few hits  and land some fish......but there anit nothing like sun rise ....breathing salt air.....real scary at night when theres no moon...and your all  by your self.....i remember ol'yeller ( ill post a pic) this fox scared the crap out of me one night.....it was around  11:00 pm.....and i had this creepy feelin that there was some one behind me.....and if ya ever fished IBSP  heading to the pocket there aint no lights at all.... pitch black...i turned around with my headlight  and two beedy eyes were about 20' away from me.....this fox was looking for a hand out and i was looking for a clean pair of shorts......needless to say i think i scared him more than he scared me......some times ill stop @ betty&nicks pick up a clam or two just for back up.....ol' yeller likes clams

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 08:51:59 PM »
ol'yeller looking for a hand out
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 04:47:46 AM »
haha I can just imagine him stalking you handy

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 01:31:38 PM »
He is licking his chops lol damn healthy looking fox we had alot on the beach years ago then they said they got mange and started dying off I think the PETA puppets were poisoning them to save there damn pipng plovers that migrate to some foreign country and they are a delicacy and get eaten anyways they just help them get to a platable size must get a kick back for the NOAA puppets. :satan:   

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 06:02:15 PM »
yea i hear that surfstix............yea this fox eats pretty  good and this last storm drove alot of sea clams on the beach....so he was chowing down on clams..........i gave him a peanut butter sandwich.....one day ......and the peanut butter got stuck  to the roof of his mouth............ill see if i saved the pic   and ill post it

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 06:05:58 PM »
here he is after the peanut butter sandwich
Uploaded with ImageShack.us