Author Topic: How to hold your lips in on swimmers  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
How to hold your lips in on swimmers
« on: August 11, 2010, 05:53:10 PM »
Someone posed this question to me just now and thought I'd post the response here. I'm sure others could get some use out of the answer too.

"First off I love your company , The service is great , the product is great ,   the delivery is fast. I can't compliment you enough.
  Now on to the question. . . . .
  THE LIPS - Should I be gluing these on or are they just supposed to be held   with tension from the through wire ? I understand people bend them to make them   swim deeper. So I think I may have been messing my lures (your lures) up."

Lips should be glued in or screwed down to hold them. I recommend Devcon 2 ton epoxy or Elmers wonder glue. The 2 part epoxy is easy to use and can be spot mixed to do small amounts.  The Wonder Glue works great also as will most polyurethane glues, but you have to be more careful with this glue as it will "foam" as it dries and expands.

You can get by in a pinch with just using the through wire to hold the lip in, but what will happen is after a few fish the wire could loosen up and it would make the lip loose and ruin the swimming action. 

Thick CA glues work also with flash accelerator but is generally more expensive but quicker.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts