Author Topic: AIR BRUSHES  (Read 16136 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Doesn't really fish
Re: AIR BRUSHES
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 09:48:10 PM »
clean it good  ;)

Offline Out Fishing

• member of the beat ratty club of north america
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 11:10:55 PM »
1/3 simple green...1/3 windex...1/3 water...I think bernzy posted this a few years ago and it works great
fishpimping east coast style

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 07:43:08 AM »
hay thanks!!! i was cleaning the gun last night with mediea cleaner (came with the gun).........and was thinking about makeing my own solution...........and u saved me the leg work
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

njfish

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 03:58:02 AM »
Simple green(as posted), spray nine, white vinegar or ammonia works great to clean out dried paint
I think one of the the best banf for your your buck airbrushes is the DeVibliss DAGR.  They have the quality of an Iwata Kustom(around $300) but the DAGR sells for around $120 to $130.  I own the Iwata HP-CS and may get the DAGR in the near future.  The best thing I have seen for your airbrush is a inline or at brush pressure regulator.  Iwata has a nice one with filter that you can get for around $15-$20 or so
For paint I use Golden, Liguitex, Delta and few others.  I have about 60-70 bottles of Createx that I dont use.  With the Auto-Air you are suppose to thin/reduce w/ 4011 Flash Reducer this aids in thinning and drying.   Using the 4011 and use heat to cure gives far better results then thinning w/water.  Acrylic paint has to be heated to fully cure

awesomejohn

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2010, 03:12:00 PM »

After buying a couple of expensive air brushes that sucked, I discovered the factory in china that makes them "all"... and they have a blowout seller who seels on ebay. I have purchased 10 airbrushed from him and they work just fine :) average price is 25 bucks each. The sellers name is Peco_london.
They have a model called the 182 its a bottom feed .05 nozzle and it paints everything including glitter flakes :)

I thought I would share this info with you... maybe you'll save  afew bucks..

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2010, 04:16:29 PM »
i just love my iwata...........i will check out the 4011  reducer  i like the 1/3 simple green..1/3 windex..and 1/3 water for  cleaning    thanks for the info awesomejohn  ill check that 182............but im sold on the iwata hp works  great and has good detail

Offline Out Fishing

• mad scientist
Re: AIR BRUSHES / AC Morre 40% off
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 05:51:30 PM »
Greetings,

Here is a direct link to an AC Moore .pdf  "40% off any one item" coupon (good till 2/20/2010)

http://images.acmoore.com/Coupons/07_10couponsol.pdf

Cheers,

Mark

Offline Out Fishing

• Doesn't really fish
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2010, 06:39:14 PM »
the Ac moore by me stopped stocking iwata airbrushes

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 09:32:55 AM »
Ours too just the badgers and I have one of those great if you want to spray bulk useless for detail.

seaviewer

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 12:45:00 PM »
Just wondering if anyone is using anything different for topcoating other than etex or devcon. I've been using devcon 2ton 30minute 9oz kit from MyAtomic.com. I just don't know how the two comapre or if there is something better. From what I understand the etex is harder to work with due to longer set time but produces a clearer finish (do fish care?). I'm tempted to try Krylon Industrial Tough Coat Cear Topcat in spray bombs but can only find it in case lots. 

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 06:41:59 PM »
say seaviewer i use flex coat but i have to turn it on a rod dryer do to the set time...i havent tried devcon or etex.....etex might have to be turned like flex coat on a dryer.......whats the devcon like.........im gona hit that site  i like the 30min set time..............fish dont care........we just make our plugs look good to catch humans........later!!

seaviewer

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 07:29:58 PM »
handyman, the devcon looks good to me but i don't have anything to compare it to. It's reportedly harder than etex so I'm worried about it shattering on the rocks.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 09:24:56 PM »
hay sweet plug  that som bitch has fish written all over it.........aah i think youll be alright with the rocks...........its those toothie lil buggers that will saw that thing in half...........i gotta post some of my plugs.............i just dont know how to compress a file...........i gotta ask my kids..............nice work

kevinthegood

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2010, 05:55:25 PM »
i plan on trying system three, 2 part epoxy
i was wondering if anyone here has tried it ?

njfish

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2010, 02:18:56 AM »
i plan on trying system three, 2 part epoxy
i was wondering if anyone here has tried it ?

Isn't that from West? If so I know someone who uses it and he does not care for it much.  I sent him some Etex and just loves it.  With the Etex you have to turn or flip the plugs.  I built a spinner using a rotessiere motor from a grill and it is great.  I also know a guy who has been building for years and builds about 600 or so plugs a year.  He swears by Etex also, the finish is very durable and looks awesome when done right.  Most of the guys I know that build plugs also use Etex, and when I say build I mean turn your own from a square.

With cleaning your brush.  I also when painting keep a 5 gal bucket next to me and a small container with solution and a larger one w/ water.  I have a rubber tube that I slip over the nozzle and spray right into the bucket(w/ lid on it-hose goes through small hole)  The hose prevents all that fine water mist from spraying all over the place.  Every once and a while I run some solution through it.  It only takes me a couple minutes to flush out in between color changes.  If I feel I'm starting to get a clog I just run some solution in the brush and let it sit for a couple minutes then spray out.  Usually Spray Nine works great, some times I keep white vinegar or amonia handy as it is more potent