Author Topic: somerset show  (Read 7369 times)

Offline Out Fishing

somerset show
« on: March 01, 2010, 10:05:22 PM »
salty will your people have the large pieces of poc with them at the show.And will they have an assortment of lips also

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: somerset show
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 04:49:18 AM »
Lips yes POC no, there will only be one booth there and will be stocked with select stuff, plug building stuff, kits, finished stuff only. Poor Jimmy is gonna have a hard time even with what I got for him.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

njfish

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 11:34:13 AM »
Lips yes POC no, there will only be one booth there and will be stocked with select stuff, plug building stuff, kits, finished stuff only. Poor Jimmy is gonna have a hard time even with what I got for him.

Oh poor Jimmy, Don't worry to much as he should have some help.  Who's buying Lunch--LOL

njfish

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 11:45:04 AM »
At the shows do you ever have completed kits for display purposes to show folks what they can build?  I think either some completed kit plugs or even atleast pictures might help some of those folks that may be a bit reluctent to buy, this way they see what they can build.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 12:10:32 PM »
yep there is a board all done up with clear varnished assembled kits on it.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Doesn't really fish
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 09:09:44 PM »
lunch  :o I hope they deliver.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 09:49:49 PM »
Thank you for the response, I'll mail order poc I'm looking forward to using it.Is poc able to be used when ayc is recommended.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 06:19:58 AM »
POC is the strongest cedar in the world, even better than AYC. It's commonly used to make arrows. It is a dense wood, white in color with sometimes a very thin sap line in it that has grain similar to AYC but much cleaner in most cases.  It's easy to machine like ayc. Similar all around. This stuff will soon be tough to come by as I brought a bunch in here.

It has a good dense growth structure similar to ayc. It sands smoother I think with less tear out. I like the action of poc plugs. You can do alot with it much like ayc. ayc is over rated...a nice piece of white pine or red cedar will work pisser. Poplar as well, but seal these extra good. Those will be your most buoyant woods inexpensively.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 08:07:10 PM »
thank you for your time and help I will be placing an order soon

Offline Out Fishing

• Doesn't really fish
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 08:23:41 PM »
salty will your people have the large pieces of poc with them at the show.And will they have an assortment of lips also

bring some wood scott.  :)

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 09:51:26 PM »
yea salty bring a billy bat..........to keep numbnut off the chocolate strippers......im mean stripers ;D ;D
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 04:45:15 AM »
no wood

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 07:26:45 AM »
ok...........just bring the bat
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

• Doesn't really fish
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 07:30:22 AM »
I prolly would have got a splinter anyway.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 07:45:29 AM »
I MET BATMAN LAST WEEKEND.