Author Topic: CA Glues  (Read 4577 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
CA Glues
« on: May 03, 2010, 08:29:27 AM »
I been testing some samples of a new ca glue which seems to have some future making plugs. There are many different viscosities available from faster than water to thick goop. Paired with a spray accelerator or accelerator painted on an opposing surface...wow.

Here's a pic of a micro popper with a .02 oz weight in the belly held in only with CA. The engineer says this stuff cures with water...stuff sticks to anything...dries hard and can be painted. Benefit I see is it seals the wood it touches too...

This pic was taken of a thick drop plopped right on top of a small split shot set into a .2" deep hole.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: CA Glues
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 02:28:50 PM »
Works very well on darter nose wires. A thick blob just before you stuff the wire in fills the hole...then position the nose loop and another little blob right around it. See pictures. Tried to take a closeup of what it looks like in profile too-it's hard to do with a super macro closeup. Glue works PISSER! It's so hard you couldn't budge it anywhere.

The wet wood look in the first pic is the accelerator before it dries.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 05:47:35 PM »
will it be available to general public, or just for industry?

Looks Good

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 06:00:14 PM »
Looks good... where can we get some? 
Tom C

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 06:56:17 PM »
I may add it to the online store, got to find out about shipping the stuff first. May run into this hazmat bs from ups again which may mean I have to take the darn $600 class no matter what if I want to do it.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 07:48:47 PM »
Looks like some good stuff. I like to see you get some in to try.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 05:23:50 AM »
Ok so I let it set overnight. 12 hours later I grab the darter eye with a pair of pliers. Keep in mind there is nothing holding this thru wire in the hole except for the glue. I pull and twist as hard as I possibly can for about 30-40 seconds. Every different direction.

Here's the results......

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 09:12:56 AM »
another closeup of darter kit nose.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 05:56:52 AM »
I put a order in yesterday for 4 thicknesses and the quick tac accelerator. Should be here next week sometime. I ordered #5 which is thin and runny, #30 which is slightly thicker, #3200 which is similar but slightly more fluid than pudding, and another one that is gel. All the sizes will be 1 oz to keep the costs down-1 oz is going to last you a long time. Bottles all have built in internal pins so that it never clogs in the tip. The accelerator will be in 2 oz pump bottles.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 06:59:23 PM »
Well the order is here. But I can't ship the stuff. It's another ORM-D commodity. I need to have hazmat certification to ship it from UPS. Now there's no freakin classes anywhere near here for anything posted on their website. UGH.

If your local you can pick the stuff up for now. I'm calling my UPS account rep tomorrow and see what he can do.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 02:48:37 PM »
Hazmat certification should be done within the next month. This means Glue and Paints will be available on the site soon!