Author Topic: PROPOSED LEAD BAN  (Read 4542 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
PROPOSED LEAD BAN
« on: September 09, 2010, 03:30:10 PM »
Email   received from Janns netcraft today. OF INTEREST is here is the FIRST   time I've read anywhere that this ban will involved lead INSIDE a lure   or in a metal of a lure. If this is the case we got a SERIOUS problem   here. I have read what I can on this and it didn't appear to involve any   lead inside a lure. Up until now I wasn't very concerned about this.   You got my attention when they start adding components and metals like   brass etc.

NO MORE SPINNER BLADES? THEY'RE BRASS. Musky Lures, Bass spinnerbaits?   Collect em now cuz there's about to be ALOT more people put out of work   if this follows through.

Dear Scott:

We are contacting you to help us fight the  proposed federal ban on all lead in fishing tackle.

On August 23, 2010,  the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) was   petitioned by the Center for  Biological Diversity and four other   organizations to ban all lead in fishing  tackle under the Toxic   Substances Control Act. This includes sinkers, jigs,  weighted fly line, and
components that contain lead such as brass and ballast in  a wide variety of lures, including spinner blades, stick baits and  more.

A lead ban would significantly add to the cost of fishing tackle.    Alternative materials cost from 6 to 15 times more than lead.

The EPA  has opened the petition for public comment. Please join us in   opposing the ban  by sending your comments to the EPA by no later than   September 15th, 2010. 

It's quick and easy to submit your comment by Clicking  Here.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

Re: PROPOSED LEAD BAN
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 04:22:55 PM »
BIG BROTHER INVOLVED AGAIN I SEE. VOTE IN NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LEAVE MY FISHING TACKLE ALONE FOR GOD'S SAKE! WHY MESS WITH A SMALL BUSSINESS?
MSA-10730
LIBBA-952

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 05:51:15 PM »
OH BOY!!!
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 06:09:16 PM »
Here's a link from Cabela's fishing opening page.
Keep America Fishing  :rumbl:

Tom C.
Tom C

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 06:13:12 PM »
Scott,
       Didn't see the link in your original post. One more can't hurt... ;D
Tom C

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin