Author Topic: Kit Feedback  (Read 15706 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Doesn't really fish
Re: Kit Feedback
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 07:38:55 PM »
yep, I agree

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 05:44:24 PM »
25 lb bass on a Salty's 2.5 oz Danny kit

Way to go!

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 03:06:54 PM »
Very nice!
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 04:42:11 AM »
"Can't seem to get enough!"

:bhappy:

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2010, 06:29:27 PM »
KITS ARE GREAT---EASY TO FINISH WITH SPRAY PAINT....WHAT DO YOU FIND TO BE THE BEST SEALER?
 I STARTED USING KILZ  :D  JUST A LITTLE WATER TO CUT IT A LITTLE ---SHAKE IN A PLASTIC BOTTLE WITH SCREW TOP AND DIP THE LURES....LET DRIP DRY AND THE PLUG IS READY FOR PAINT AND FINISH SPRAY

ANYBODY FISHING THE JERSEY SHORE?---ANY COLOR PRODUCING BETTER THAN OTHERS?
GOOD LUCK...!!!!!!

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2010, 07:32:16 PM »
reel1in im not sure about using water based sealers.......i like oilbased products they penatrate and seal out water well...... go with BLO or i use a sanding sealer cause its drys quick but u still have to let your plug dry real well before priming rustolium 2x primer........i spray with both types of paints but prefer latex over oil based  just for the clean up......try switching your sealer  to 100% wax free shellac  i feel that cutting sealers with water wont be fool proof and water will penatrate your plug and cause the wood to swell..........
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2010, 07:07:23 AM »
yes it probably will. Oil or lacquer based products are much better. Water based paints have to polymerize and can be affected by submersion..

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2010, 10:10:42 AM »
 ;D   These kits are SWEET!  I have a new secret weapon....Bright Yellow Surfster....Thanks for Great Products!!

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2010, 10:17:45 AM »
say rac37 you met your match.....fisherman3........say nice plug and a nice bass at that to fisherman3 :)
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2010, 11:34:33 AM »
real nice job! Thank you!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2010, 02:25:44 PM »
"Not a lot of action along the surf today!!!! Well the new lures and the lure kits I bought will at least keep me thinking about this past season’s surf fishing and next season to come.

I bought a couple FatHead popper kits from you earlier this year, finished them and used them in the surf on the cape during the summer and early fall and then along the south coast of Rhode Island from mid fall to a couple weeks ago.

Although my lure finishing skills were not the best it didn’t seem to bother the fish. The poppers cast great, have good action and most importantly to me float at rest which is why I looked at your product. Most of the new plastic stuff sinks and has to be worked too fast to keep the plug on the surface. Not the way I’ve had success over the past 40 years striper fishing. On the surface where you can manipulate the action of the plug by the tip action of the rod has worked for me. Your lures do just that. A very good product."

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2010, 03:46:27 PM »
"My Boys and I put together some of your plugs this year and had a lot of fun.  They were really proud of theirs when finished.  They were also excited when I caught a 30" bass on the 1.5oz swimmer while fishing with them on Thanksgiving morning."

:bhappy:

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2010, 04:52:23 PM »
"Thanks Scott! Keep up the GREAT work! Your kits are the best... I love
building them."

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2010, 05:42:27 AM »
"SECOND ORDER AWESOME STUFF SCOTT.MY WIFE AND KIDS WANT SOME FOR CHRISTMAS."

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2011, 05:03:44 PM »
"thank you so much for your great service and quality. it was a pleasure doing buisness with you and hope we get to meet face to face at one of the shows"