Author Topic: cedar baluster  (Read 4544 times)

njfish

cedar baluster
« on: February 01, 2010, 11:31:17 PM »
I have a question about the balusters and stock. 
It's in regard to the quanity.  w/ the Port Orford is states 16 squares per box.  with the AYC it states 9  per box.  I realize that the AYC squares are larger but are they thatte much larger.  Also you ship 48" squares and 2x6 in the PO butI don't see a quanity for the 2x6x4'   Could you please verify what you will ship and how many can go in a box.  Also what if I also want to order a few kits and materials, do these need to go in a seperate box?  I'm thinking I may just order and have a friend or family member pickup and ship depending on fees.

njfish

Re: cedar baluster
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 11:38:09 PM »
Yeah I had almost forgot that my cousin, well cousin's husband is also a police officer in Hopedale.  That is where you guys are located, correct?  I grew up a couple towns away

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 04:56:20 AM »
Full 8/4 squares can't fit inside a box that measures 6x6 on the outside that's why it's listed like that. 2x6 you can fit 4 deep I believe. It will definitely take 3 but sometimes the 4th row is very tight and if it won't fit it has to go in a second box....I know your next thing to say is get a bigger box...these are standardized on 6x6x36 and 6x6x48 boxes. My feeling is if these go too heavy you will end up with damaged/missing shipments because they'll be so heavy that the guys will throw them...and they're solid blocks typically right now when they go out, but if you start messing with the size it won't be and will have to put packing inside-bad juju on heaavy stuff...The original poc squares are 1 3/8 and now that I brought the 1.5" stock in you can't fit as much in the box.

Yes kits etc would go in a separate box. Sometimes you can squeak other squares in the same box but you don't want your kits being abused like that they'd be wrecked.

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

njfish

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 01:44:32 PM »
How does it work out shipping wise say if I wanted to order 4 or so 2x spindles along with a couple kits, lips and such?  Meaning how do the chrages work out.
  Or say if I wanted to order a full box of spindles and also some kits, lips and such how is that charged?

I may go back to shipping page and see but maybe not.---NOT  just wondering if w/ full box of spindles and also some kits and supplies if it's charged as spindle box price $12.03 and bulk price or done by weight as  boxes one order/shipment packages or just the $12.03 "UPS Ground USE THIS FOR ORDERS CONTAINING WOOD OR SQUARES" price????
Or is it 12.03 plus the 10.00 flat rate

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 10:02:48 PM »
no it would be aggregated total. A full box would be one box and the kits/parts would go in another so there's no damage..it's still cheaper because they're at the same address than shipping two sep boxes.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts