Author Topic: New Smoothon Epoxy  (Read 5255 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
New Smoothon Epoxy
« on: March 25, 2010, 05:35:43 AM »
http://www.smooth-on.com/tb/files/Epoxamite_TB.PDF

Looks interesting and sounds like it would work on lures.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: New Smoothon Epoxy
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 05:38:16 AM »
I like this alot.

http://www.smooth-on.com/EpoxAmite%3D-Dispe/c1345/index.html?catdepth=1

That is one of the tricks to using epoxy. accurate and clean measurements. no mess.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

njfish

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 09:04:37 AM »
I had tried some smooth-on mold making stuff and it sucked compared to Alumilite.  I have seen this stuff but I hated the mold stuff so I stayed away

njfish

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 09:05:15 AM »
Maybe I will read more about this and give it a shot

Bob Thomas

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 10:25:56 PM »
Epoxying is my least favorite process.  I spray the clear Lacquer as a grip coat and wonder why I even use the E-tex.  Those caps look kinda interesting, though.  Less mess is a good thing

njfish

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 11:49:27 AM »
West systems has the same pump tops for their epoxy.  It really makes things easier. 
For my etex I bought some bottles at the craft store 3 for $3 and have the pointed top with little cap.  The caps actually fit on the etex bottle or if I have the big etex kit I just pour into the smaller bottles.

With West systems the pump is a measured pump.  Meaning one pump from one and one from the other and they are equal

seaviewer

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 05:44:32 AM »
I think I'll swim test some plugs today.................in my basement!  Up to 6" of rain here on the RI coast with more coming......fun stuff!

njfish

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 06:55:07 AM »
I think I'll swim test some plugs today.................in my basement!  Up to 6" of rain here on the RI coast with more coming......fun stuff!

I hear ya same here in NJ.  We have been getting pounded w/ rain for the last couple weeks.  Never mind the melting of 4 to 5 ' of snow and ground frost also.