Author Topic: Problem withe createx wicked  (Read 11907 times)

Offline Out Fishing

Re: Problem withe createx wicked
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2013, 12:05:48 PM »
Tom,

I may be new to making lures, but I'm no stranger to Createx paints. I've been using Createx Textile & Auto Air paints on T-shirts, helmets, and auto parts for over 25+ yrs.. I've never had any problems, like the one you mentioned above. I can best break it down like this: Createx paints are a water-based paint. Wax & Grease remover is not. It sounds like you didn't allow enough time for the air dry process. Sometimes, the paint will bead up, or separate when it comes into contact with another product that's not water-based. As a former auto body painter, I've seen this happen in tech school a few times. And it's frustrating having to start all over. Products that not the same product as what you're using will have varying results when mixing one another. I use auto body products from Eastwood Tools, and so far, I haven't had any problems.
   Go here: http://www.eastwood.com/paints.html

As far as room temps go, Createx sprays good at 60 degrees, but like you said, it will spray much better with warmer temps. I have a ¾ HP Rol-Air compressor that I have set to 70 psi when I spray. I set it high to avoid paint build up on my airbrush's nose cap/tip.

I've included a pic of a helmet I painted using Createx Auto Air Paints, House of Kolor Auto Klear, and House of Kolor Striping Kolors. I plan on using the same paints on some plug kits I bought at the saltwater show in RI this year.

- Jeff

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2013, 12:08:34 PM »
SICK paint skills. Show some more. Man I'd love a crash dummy helmet LOL
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2013, 12:09:20 PM »
And welcome to the forum.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2013, 10:41:58 AM »
Thanks Scott!  Here are some pix of my work on T-shirts using Createx Textile Paints. Also included a license plate blank (the diamond plate is fake, I painted that). A trio collage I did of the helmets. Air cleaner & Valve covers from my old pickup.

- Jeff

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2013, 10:58:19 AM »
You are extremely talented with an airbrush. The air cleaner and valve covers look wicked cool what a great idea. How much would you charge to paint a helmet so it looks like a crash dummy helmet with the brain sticking out

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2013, 03:18:02 PM »
nice work
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2013, 05:28:29 PM »
Like the helmet above, without the granite look? I charge about $20 per/hr., which is cheap compared to what a pro would charge (usually $50+ & up). I've just started getting back into painting again. When I'm bored, I practice painting on anything - lawn tractors, dented motorcycle gas tanks, bowling pins, etc.. I have no idea what a "crash test dummy" helmet/head looks like, so a good reference pic helps out a lot. I'm slowly buying Createx's Auto Air paints at 5-6 bottles every month. Those little 4 oz. bottles ain't cheap!

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2013, 12:29:18 PM »
Thank you KayakFisher1967 for your reply. I have been using Testors paint lately. I am going to try the Createx again soon.