Author Topic: New to Lure Building  (Read 10213 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
Re: New to Lure Building
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 05:00:57 PM »
like that chartuse color.......nice
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 06:51:11 PM »
I forgot to install the belly weight on my first danny kit too  :bash:

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 07:02:28 PM »
Nobody reads the instructions LOL Never ever. There was once a guy who replaced all the holes in the belly of his lures with lead weights. He thought we didn't give them to him so he bought more and glued all the holes shut with lead. Couldn't understand wny the lure sunk like a stone LOL

Then there was the guy who hit his weight with a hammer to get it to go in. Split the lure end to end and returned it as defective.

THAT was funny. You could see the hammer marks on the lead.
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 07:02:55 PM »
Returned as defective in 4 pieces mind you :)
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 07:05:16 PM »
 :laugh:

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2013, 07:59:47 PM »
Boy....this tail wrapping can eat me, lol.  Everything, for my first ever lure, looks decent.  Tail wrap...not so much.  I watched the video and all.  Regardless, I can see this being the perfect hobby for me to take on to have some peace away from the 7 month, 18 month, 5 year and 6 year old. Lmao.  Thanks for all the help again guys.  Look forward to chatting with ya's.

Offline Out Fishing

• I have a fishing equip. addiction please help
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2013, 03:14:34 PM »
hey. I read the instructions otherwise I will screw it up
"feel the bite"

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2013, 11:35:22 AM »
Yes, I read the instructions too...many times! None of this was intuitive to me.

I use Polycrylic to seal and Etex to clear. Make sure you let things dry very well. Even things that feel dry may be moist enough to give you bubbles or pealing between your layers (after teh plug is all finished).
 I remember someone coaching me that "developing" your build process was most of the work. That meant getting everything to stick to everything else in terms of layers.

It's a lot of fun. Keep building them and post pics so we all can enjoy your creativity.