Author Topic: Post your kit pictures  (Read 385689 times)

Offline Out Fishing

Re: Post your kit pictures
« Reply #405 on: April 07, 2013, 09:52:45 PM »
last one's till I finish the hand carved and pikezilla. In the last pic, it's hard to tell, but I put color shift paint(thanks nightfighter!) paint on it. It's the balls!

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #406 on: April 07, 2013, 10:00:08 PM »
ooops. Forgot about this one. It's not with my fishing stuff, because I told my 3 yr old daughter that I made her a fishing lure, because her favorite color is pink. Well, she named her Sally, and takes her everywhere now, even to bed. So I think I should consider that one "lost" to a 25lber! lol

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #407 on: April 08, 2013, 07:33:04 AM »
nice!!!!!
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #408 on: April 12, 2013, 10:45:18 AM »
here's that handcarved....not the greatest, but not horible for a first time.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #409 on: April 12, 2013, 04:24:24 PM »
hey north shorefisher....ya got to love that swimmer......ya done good.......say not for nothin but would u belive the first swimmer i made from the salty kit with my first cast i nailed a bass right in the wash.....i thought the plug dug into the sand.......thats how close it hit......your gona love the action........i get a good lat workout when i make those

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #410 on: April 17, 2013, 07:03:37 PM »
here she is, my final kit out of 15 that I got back in March for my bday! Time well spent. I'm really happy with this one, Pikezilla!! The paint even came out half way decent.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #411 on: April 17, 2013, 07:24:05 PM »
very nice!
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #412 on: April 29, 2013, 09:48:48 PM »
It's great to have a place to share pics without having to be called a plug assembler! :( Lots of beautiful plugs in here!

Here are two of mine in action this weekend. I lost the brand new Wonderbread to to a Bluefish bite-off about 10 minutes after I caught a couple Stripers on it. The next day, I brought one from last year that I hadn't used.

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #413 on: April 30, 2013, 05:59:24 AM »
Very nice Andy! Congrats on a job well done! Looks like you had a boatload of fun!
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #414 on: April 30, 2013, 06:04:38 AM »
"It's great to have a place to share pics without having to be called a plug assembler!"

IT'S JEALOUSY that you have skills others don't. Don't ever let someone knock you for something you get fun and enjoyment out of. There's too many internet heros on fishing boards these days. SOL, SB, you name it. I dislike this look down over your eyeglasses type of view that many have of people.

It's also cliques....these guys all want to see their buddies sell plugs under the table and get a big name so if your not a member of the clique then sayonara. Wrong attitude to have. Wonder why the world is so effed up today.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #415 on: April 30, 2013, 07:37:52 AM »
well said scott........i couldnt agree with you more.......yea and some people think your showing off......like your the best plug builder in the world but thats realy not the case....a pic of your plug only gives the next builder some new ideas to try and to put his/her ideas into that same plug.....some people just misinterpret ther hole concept........well said my friend.......now on the otherside.....NICE!!! Andy B.......your plugs look real sweet......love the colors

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #416 on: April 30, 2013, 09:04:24 AM »
Here! Here! Scott.... Awesome stuff Andy! Congrats!

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #417 on: April 30, 2013, 01:27:14 PM »
Thanks a lot guys!! I'll have to go back now through my pics and see what else I have to post.

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #418 on: May 13, 2013, 09:41:25 PM »
I thought I'd put up some kits I've done over the past 2 years. It's funny when you look back at some of them how you can pick out things you wish you could have done differently. But that's how you get better I guess. They all fish well with their imperfections though! :)

And my very first kit!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #419 on: May 14, 2013, 05:43:31 AM »
MOST excellent! You have some wicked nice painting skills Andy and prob one of the best scale patterns I've seen. Color mixes look great too!