Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 218168 times)

Offline Out Fishing

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #195 on: July 01, 2013, 10:38:12 AM »
Nice Handy.  Maybe we will run into each other during the fall bass run.  I just did a private charter with 6 of my buddies this past Saturday out of Highlands.  18 keepers fluke.  About 50 shorts.  I had a 7.23 lbs to win our little pool.  Fun day, that's for sure.

Offline Out Fishing

• Build rods,plugs,flys and love to fish mostly surf
« Reply #196 on: July 07, 2013, 02:59:44 PM »
nice!!!! Bhowe2225......yea well i didnt do to well on my vacation wind blew hard south most of the week which knocked the water temps down ...no fluke even dragging killies around the rocks......hooked up on two short bass in the wash while tossing a sp minnow......i was getting desprit for some action and went for the bloodworms to catch kingfish.....my worst year ever on the beach for a week
Born to fish forced to work
time spent fishing is time well spent

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #197 on: September 10, 2013, 03:45:54 PM »
I'm Tom from CT in the western LIS, (that's Long Island Sound for you out-of-staters). I fish both fresh and salt, but truly enjoy the salt. As my moniker says, I'm strictly a small water guy, coves, inlets, rivers and inshore with a little surf fishing thrown in. I am often derided for my enjoyment of  plugging for bluefish, but they are a blast to catch and release and that's what it's about to me.
I visited the site for a few months first as a guest and liked what I saw, so I signed up.
Some of you guys are true artists when it comes to air brushing. I have some experience air brushing, painting military models and dioramas way back in the 70s. I kept my old Badger 150, hopefully I'll be able to dust it off and start production.
 That's all I got!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #198 on: September 10, 2013, 04:46:41 PM »
Welcome Tom! Jest watch out for that Peter Jay or Numbnuts :)
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #199 on: September 10, 2013, 08:01:52 PM »
welcome to saltys enjoy your stay 

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #200 on: September 10, 2013, 08:23:44 PM »
Welcome Tom! good to have ya :)

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #201 on: September 11, 2013, 10:28:47 AM »
Welcome aboard Tom. It isn't every day we see somebody willing to risk his reputation by joining up with this nest of fiends and deviates. If you're not used to seeing guys wearing dresses and baying at the moon, don't let it throw you; stuff like that is considered normal around here. These dudes have sniffed a lot of adhesives for a lot of years, and Salty will be the first guy to tell you that healthy brain cells are overrated.   
"Why can't everybody leave everyone else the hell alone?"

Jimmy Durante

Offline Out Fishing

• Doesn't really fish
« Reply #202 on: September 27, 2013, 08:11:33 AM »
 ^-^

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #203 on: September 28, 2013, 08:38:38 PM »
Mmmmmm boat resin and Acetone  :-*

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #204 on: November 15, 2013, 12:33:33 PM »
I guess I never introduced myself. Andy...obviously! I am NJ born and raised and the only one of my family that hasn't been able to make the break yet. My dad taught me to fish when I was very young and it has been a passion my whole life. But now I guide for my dad and the rest of my family in Florida or Maine, or anyplace else we vacation.

I used to fish the ponds and lakes near me when I was young but have pretty much moved to all saltwater as an adult. I fish out of a Hobie Outback kayak (with the pedals). I love it. I've caught fluke to sharks in it and couldn't be happier doing it.

I guess I began to appreciate the beauty of the wood lures I was seeing on another forum and eventually couldn't resist building, and more importantly, painting my own. But I didn't want to have a factory in the livingroom of my apartment so Salty's kits were the perfect solution. I bought a ton of the ones that looked cool to me but have really ended up focussing on just a few designs that I actually liked fishing too. The slopehead troller has been my go-to lure in the spring. They outproduce anything my buddies are fishing on most days. So that is the kit I keep reloading on. I have about 7 big poppers sanded and sealed that I am looking forward to finishing before my Panama trip in February.

I guess that's it. Oh, and I do like to fish the Chesapeake Bay and the CBBT as often as I can make the trip there. And I have been chasing my first Tarpon in Florida for about 4 years now. No joy yet but I have a good feeling! I also fish in Costa Rica at least once a year. Rhode Island and MTK are not out of the question either. So many great places to fish, so little time! :)

Andy

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #205 on: November 15, 2013, 10:03:13 PM »
welcome andy.... nice history bout your self

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #206 on: November 16, 2013, 10:50:23 AM »
Hi Andy! Great writeup! Glad you like the lures!
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #207 on: November 17, 2013, 06:48:52 PM »
Hey Andy, welcome! Ever in Maine on vaca look me up :)

Offline Out Fishing

« Reply #208 on: December 09, 2013, 04:12:47 AM »
Aloha!

Todd from Kona, Hawaii here. I've been fishing my whole life, both freshwater and salt. Finally settled here in Hawaii and began fishing for the larger pelagic, especially the Pacific Blue Marlin.

I have many well-known trolling lure makers as friends, and like to pour my own shapes when I get the chance. I've recently been bitten with the shoreline whipping and dunking bug, so I decided to try my hand at building and painting my own as well.

So far I've finished 10 kits, with pretty good results, and have narrowed it down to a few poppers that the papio, omilu, and ulua here in Kona seem to like. Just started touch-up sanding and hardening my next batch of Salty's, and couldn't be happier with the entire process.

Look forward to many years of lure making ahead and reading/posting in this forum.

Mahalo nui loa, and A hui hou!

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #209 on: December 09, 2013, 09:25:31 AM »
Hey Todd good to see you! Glad your having fun and welcome! Mahalo