Author Topic: New Shopping Cart is up!  (Read 183 times)

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
New Shopping Cart is up!
« on: October 11, 2018, 08:01:27 pm »
So I've progressed the new cart to the point where I've got it now on it's own subdomain and is useable! I've still got a huge punchlist of things to do but wanted to get some exercise on this while it's being worked on and decided to roll it out now.

I found a huge issue with picture links last week that has set me back a bit in that I have to move pictures around now to get them on the secure side of the server so the SSL shows locked 100% of the time, but for the time being all that needs to be completely secure is the payment section of the cart which is bulletproof. The lack of complete SSL security is only due to the pictures not having https secure links on them.

I've put a link up at the top of the website that has the new cart link in it.

https://cart.saltwaterplugs.com/index.php

Since I found this secure server image issue I've sat back and looked at this and have decided that the existing website will be maintained but will be removing all old cart links and adding a new generic "buy it here" link to each page now where it will take you into the "buy" side of the cart.

Like they said about Rome not being built in a day, this applies to this also....it took 18 years to put this to where it was, this is first round at this and will onlu improve from here! Very excited!

There will be a bunch of the new products on here shortly, possibly as soon as this weekend! Tins, Yellow Zonker tails and more! Stay Tuned & Tnx for your support!
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
Re: New Shopping Cart is up!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 05:51:09 am »
Barry says he doesn't understand..my fault. Too technical  ;D

I'm working on it Barry  ;)
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way....Alan Watts

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 05:51:53 am »
Pages have been updated with new shopping cart links now alphabetically from A to R at this time. Should have this fully cut over later today.   :bhappy:

Offline Out Fishing

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 08:07:59 pm »
Just got finished applying all new links to the entire kit section! Now cart links from the main site will transfer to the exact product. Will be working on more of this over Christmas and New Years. Plan is to have the entire site converted by the end of January!

RISAA show is coming up quick!